Friday, July 15, 2011

Playing In Paradise Challenge #24 - Color Your World





First of all, a big thank-you to Laura and the staff from Scrapbooker's Paradise.  Personally, these challenges not only motivate me but also give me a starting point for a card or project - something that I often struggle with :)

I am slowly learning how to operate my camera so that I can properly photograph my cards (this picture really does not do justice to the shading on the popsicles). I probably need to ask a 5 year old how to do this !!!

To play along and have some summer crafting fun please visit the following link:


Supplies:  Paper - Stampin' Up and Papertrey Ink; Stamps:  Popsicles - Stampin' Up, Miss Anya Collection, The Greeting Farm; Copic Markers;  Salutation  - Microsoft Works

3 comments:

  1. Hi Geri!
    Here are some tips that I've picked up over the year (or is it years now!)... ahem, over the time that I've been photographing cards. I'm not saying you need any of these tips, they're just randomly pulled from my memory.
    1) Stand your card up rather than laying it down flat. Adds dimension!
    2) Leave a little space around the card in the photo. Don't crop it all out.
    3) Photograph your project head on. Not to say your project can't be at an angle, but don't look down at it (maybe a little "up" is okay).
    4) Flash SUCKS! Use a program like Picasa (free online) to brighten highlights or fill the light in. (You still need adequate lighting when taking the pic or it will be blurry.)

    It takes a little while to get the hang of photographing your projects but it does get quicker! Second nature, even!

    Hope this helps! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog! I actually don't own a single copic, lol! I use watercolours and pencil crayons to colour my stamped images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Love those ice pops. Like the white background against your cards. That is always a good neutral to use when taking photos! One thing that might help make taking your pictures easier is shooting your card at a slight angle so you can see a sneak peak of a back corner.... I am NO expert by all means and I think the picture is just fine!!!!

    ReplyDelete