Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Playing In Paradise Challenge 27 - Stencils or Templates


Wow! This was a real challenge! After 100 million attempts at getting my nesties lined up, this is what I created.  I started with plain white Close to My Heart paper.  I used a dauber to cover the entire surface with Frost White Shimmer paint.  It is really difficult to see the effect in the photo but it is quite pretty. I laid down my "frame" made with the negative images from my Large Scalloped Square and Large Square (nesties).  Once again, using my dauber, I sponged on Soft Suede ink.  It is quite difficult to keep the color from bleeding under the "stencil" but after several tries, I finally got a nice clean image!  I then stencilled the negative image from my Sizzlits Little Leaves in the frame that I had created. I added a few brown dots, a velum butterfly (also daubed with the Frost White Shimmer paint), and the sentiment (stamped with Stazon Ink).  I wanted my mat to match the frame so I prepared it using the same technique as the frame.  Honestly, this card took 2 evenings to prepare but it was fun and definitely a challenge :)Hope you like my creation!

Supplies:  Spellbinders Nestabilities; Sizzlits Little Leaves and Beautiful Wings; Stampin Up Stamp - Love & Sympathy - Stampin Up; Frost White Shimmer Paint, Paper - Close to My Heart,

1 comment: