Friday, September 30, 2011

Playing in Paradise Challenge #35


Did someone say 'Distressing' ..... I LOVE DISTRESSING!  It is one of my favorite techniques! Something about it, just gives a card a unique look.

I am attaching two photos as one shows the distressing better and the other better reflects the actual colors.

 I wanted this card to look really distressed and old. I was aiming for a stone top "coffin" and achieved this by cutting out my coffin shape, covering it with glue and then literally sprinkling sandbox sand on it.  After it was dry, I sponged on some black ink, gave it a shot of Vellum glue and then finished with a good dose of hairspray! That sand isn't going anywhere! The webs were stamped with Stazon and embossed.

The "mummy" (who is desperately trying to escape the coffin) is made with Stampin' Up taffeta ribbon that was inked and roughed up a bit with a pair of tweezers.  All other embellishments as well as the stamps are from my craft box, origin unknown.

If you would like to play along, plese click on the following link:
http://scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.com/2011/09/playing-in-paradise-challenge-35.html

Hope you like my spooky card!



1 comment:

  1. That is too cool for school! I love all the distressed edges on the coffin and those spiders are cute (am I supposed to say that?). Thanks for playing at Scrapbooker's Paradise!

    ReplyDelete