Tuesday, April 16, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #23 and Fusion - Hypothesis #2





My apologies for the late update but yesterday at lunch time, I went downstairs to put in a load of laundry and was greeted by a bit of a lake...the hot water heater decided that after 10 years it was done! Needless to say, we were mopping and slopping for the rest of the day. 

On to some fun stuff, I am in love with the Paper Smooches Hexalongs!  I taped the smallest one into the next size to cut out the above shapes, punched a circle, added the rub-on and done!  The hardest part of this card was deciding where to put the sentiment? 

"The day after what was I thinking" occurred and I realized that the hexalongs should have been slanted down to work with the sentiment.  If you're 'over the hill' you have already been to the top and are slowly tumbling down!!! Oh well :D

Check out the lovlies that the two amazing DT's have created at (CAS)E This Sketch and at the fun new challenge blog Fusion where you can choose one of two options or both options when making your card!

Happy crafting!

Paper Smooches Wise Dies - Hexalong; CTMH white card stock, scraps of green & grey

19 comments:

  1. Fabulous! What a fun sentiment and your graphic design is uber cool.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee ... LOVE this ... you kept your amazing creativity that late (or early hours)?? Bow, bow! Cool shapes, perfectly placed dots and utterly precise stamping my friend ... awesome! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Cheeky! AWESOME card, Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...love this....the sentiment is fabulous! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colours and graphic shapes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card to answer these challenges - I like it! I love the modern, graphic feel of it, and I love how you used the colors. Cute, cute sentiment. ;-) Thank you so much for joining our Fusion challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant! Love the cool graphic feel, and fabulous sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you went totally "out of the box" with this! So fresh and unique. Love the long hexies--way cool. And that sentiment cracked me up! I'm afraid I'm sliding down the back of that hill by now! Lalalove this card. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sentiment is totally adorable! I would love to know where you got it? What a neat card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, your card is just so funny!!! I love it, you are so stinking creative, Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card!!! So crisp and clean...and FUNNY! (from the other 'Geri'!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card, Geri! The hexalongs look super cute - just added them to my 'next' PS order! Today, some happy mail arrived - PS Notebook die and Loopy Leaf - excited to give them a go! Hope the hot water heater situation is cleaned up; we'll be in the midst of some renos (not big, but necessary) in the next couple weeks. Messes = yucky! Thank you SO much for the comments on my blog! A Manitoba connection just makes me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're KILLING me here!! My jaw literally dropped to the floor when I saw this amazing creation - the colors are so strong and masculine and they go perfectly with the Hexalongs!! AACCKKKK!! I just can't get enough of the details in this project! I have a strong feeling that I'm going to see this on the faves list again tomorrow . . . wanna bet?! LOL Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.S. I'm so sorry to hear about your water heater. We're scheduled to replace ours soon, too . . . you've made me realize that maybe we should do it sooner rather than later. Hope you didn't have too much damage. {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your hexalongs Geri!
    So glad you joined in the fun at FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great work, Geri! VERY INTERESTING!!! And so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shapes Really cool out fo the box design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, Geri...thanks for the sweet congrats!! I sure do appreciate it! I have thoroughly enjoyed looking over your blog! So many GORGEOUS and striking creations!!! Just love your work!! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, this is awesomeness and attractiveness in card form! I love that geographic shape...wicked cool design!

    ReplyDelete