Thursday, April 17, 2014

CFC130 - Good Egg & CAS(E) THIS SKETCH #72










Just a few quick details before the door closes on Julie Day's amazing sketch over at CAS(E) This Sketch #72! The door over at CAS-UAL Fridays will be open until April 18th! Two great challenges jam packed with amazing DT creations and tons of challenge entries!

The eggs were cut with my Silhouette. Once again, I sliced & diced & cut & pasted a few different elements to create the inlaid chevron eggs. I used my itsy bitsy Martha Stewart punch & SU glimmer paper to create the bits of bling on the aqua eggs. The sentiment is a $1 bin find at Hobby Lobby. 

Now about the photo...AGAIN! Our new laptop has me totally beffuzzled with the colors! In real life the eggs are a lovely robin's egg aqua blue and a gorgeous deep coral pink! I opened my post on my computer at work and darn near fell off my chair...the eggs were some CA-RAZY shades of overexposed colors! I would love too know what you folks are seeing out there in blog land.  

We have a busy, family filled Easter weekend planned! Yay!  We also have more terrible weather headed our way tomorrow!  Yep, more snow, rain & ice! Sounds lovely, doesn't it? NOT!

Blessed & Happy Easter wishes to all.

15 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the colours and the little blings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely to meet another Manitoba stamper! I live in Morden. :)
    I love your take on the sketch! What a lovely Easter card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such bright, vibrant colours, Geri ... and what precise placement of each of those chevron adorned eggs! I love the added bling to the aqua ones ... just the perfect final touch! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh, you've taken my breath away again!! Just look at the precision...ahhh-mazing!! Love those be-jewelled eggies and how sweet that the cracks form perfect little chevrons!! SO sweet!! HAPPY EASTER, Geri!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love this card! How lovely those eggs would be 'in real', nestled in a bowl, placed on my coffee table! A good reminder: eggs of the chocolate variety on my shopping list for Ms. Niece and Mr. Nephew. After all, I've been 'told' we ARE having an Easter Egg hunt, and I am the duly designated 'basket-holder' (perhaps 'basket case,' is more apt!!). Fabulous card (chevrons and bling..swoon) made by fabulous amazing YOU!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this a lot! Great colors and a fun design! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I'm lovin this, Geri!!! ..and whether the colours are true to life or not; it's still awesome!! This is done soooo neatly - the chevrons are so perfectly lined up!! The bling on the blue eggs really rounds off everything beautifully. I keep on scrolling back to have a look at it again!! Great, great easter card!!!
    Hope you're having a lovely Easter weekend.
    Greetings from Africa. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful take on both challenges! Love the bit of bling on the eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me thinks me sees a winner :)

    I love these colors and of course your flawless design. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that must be a tiny punch to make those tiny bling dots! This came out great! Not sure what to tell you about the photo, it looks good to me. Sometimes the photo editing can be more labor intensive than making the card!

    Anyway, thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GREAT card and take on both challenges! Love these colorful eggs.
    Have a blessed Easter, Geri! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE! The colors and combo of challenges, absolutely perfect!
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is superb!! I love the alternating blue and pink and glitter decoration :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors on your sweet eggs! great Easter card with this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute...just too darn cute! I love all your slicing and dicing on your fabulous bunch of eggs, just so fun.

    ReplyDelete