Sunday, May 18, 2014

Gallery Idol 2014




                                                      Gallery Idol logo Green1 988x1024 Gallery Idol Open Auditions Round Now Open!

Yes...a last minute entry into 2014 Gallery Idol !

I must confess...I am afraid of washi tape!  I'm quite sure that I have never used washi tape on a card! I do have a few rolls that were either found in a clearance bin or came to me by way of a prize pack! I've also totally stepped outside of my comfort zone with a less than C& S design.

But hey, isn't that what challenges are meant to accomplish?

This roll of pretty teal colored gingham is my fav in my stash. Is four rolls considered 'a stash'?  The card came together with bits & pieces of items sitting on my craft table.  The polaroid frame was covered with rows of  3/8" tape! Two pairs of reading glasses were required for lining up the pattern! The pretty pinky-mauve bow (also from the scrap box) seemed to work really well with the teal.  A few punched hearts, a bit of bling, IO alphabet dies and done like dinner!

If you're planning on entering a card, you best get busy as the deadline is May 19th.




13 comments:

  1. I was wondering... read HOPING you will enter again!
    FABULOUS card! Great job lining up the pattern! I still struggle to use my stash which are staring at me every time I enter my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gingham posies and bright pink bow could not be any sweeter, Geri! I'm glad you changed your mind about entering the Gallery Idol contest!! I wish you all the best!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's still pretty clean and it's definitely graphic! I love the tiny pops of pink and the gingham! Fingers crossed for you my friend - I hope you go all the way this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cad that got you our of your comfort Z Geri! The blue gingham is so fun. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I'm already lovin' this sweet little card! Glad you jumped right in to GI, too. Love the happy colors in this card. It makes me smile!!! Have a good week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, you're here, Geri! And with a such a fabulous card for GI. The bold teal gingham and vibrant pink are brilliant together ... so awesome against the bold black ... and the wee touches are bling are perfect! The very best of luck, my friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...this is one fabulous card Geri and I wish you all the best! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. O, this is beautiful, Geri!!! You have done a great job with the washi tape and the bright pink and teal is a winning combination against the black!!! Lovely card!!
    Good luck for the Gallery Idol contest!!
    Greetings from SA!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty, Geri! I love the colors against the black. Best of luck to you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, YES, four rolls = a stash, on account of that's double the size of my 'stash'! Washi-terror - yep, I have that, which is why my two rolls are relegated to holding dies in place on my woefully warped cuttlebug plates. You, my friend, have created a wondrous-washi WOW card here! Teal gingham, vibrant pink, black, whispers of bling - a combination surely to catch the eyes of the GI judges for its striking, eye-catching beauty. Lovely...fingers crossed for you!! Hugs~c friend! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha! We have the same amount of washi rolls!! I've tried, failed, tried again and failed again!! But look at you throwing it down!!! What an awesome card, and I'm pleased as punch that you are in the idol race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Striking and absolutely adorable!!! (And oh, how I love that little bow!) Good luck, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I'm with you on the two pairs of glasses thing! And you've done very well to use washi from your four-roll stash - my stash got up to 10 before I felt I could actually use the stuff instead of just look at it. And even now, I'm quite frugal with it. I love the teal gingham and hot pink combo, which looks fabulous on the black. Good luck with the Gallery Idol challenge!

    ReplyDelete