Saturday, December 24, 2011

Unscripted Sketches #138



The same card against a different colored background.

The sketch reminded me of window panes so I adapted that theory into a brick wall that took forever to do as I cut out each brick separately, glued them on to the card....only to find that most of them were covered by the 'windows' !!!  I added window panes, however, they interfered with the hanging balls so I had to offset the ornaments from the centre.  I used sookwang tape (great stuff) to make the glittered balls (green & gold glitter).

The snow covered roof was my way of achieving the uneven top edge of the sketch.   I tried to add a sentiment at the bottom of the card, but nothing seemed to fit so I decided that the horizontal lines of the 'bricks' would satisfy the layout of the sketch.

I would like to take this time to wish everyone a very happy holiday season that is blessed with family, friends, good health and of course....tons of food!




No comments:

Post a Comment