Sunday, January 22, 2012

Map to Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World





Same card - different photo background




How many of you have done a google search on "crafts made with maps"?  There was literally hundreds of pages of trendy projects using old maps - now who would have thunk it?  Cath (Moxie Fab World) was bang on when she said that "using maps in your paper crafting is nothing short of all the rage". 

I made this card specifically for the Map to Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  I have listed the link at the end of the post if you would like to play along. 

I actually started by using up one whole map (that dear hubby may be searching for one day) but wasn't happy with the color combo.  I then decided to download a map of the city of  Winnipeg (capital of Manitoba, about 4 hours from where we live).  I printed it in black/white and my color combo was born.  This is my DH valentine's day card so I also wanted to keep it masculine (black, white, red).

I might have strayed a bit off track (no pun intended) when I used the map to create a maze on the card so that I could use my creatively punny sentiment:
Our {heart = love} is a-Mazing!!

Although it is hard to see in the photo, the heart is punched out on the main card so that the red glimmer paper (popped up on dimensionals) shows through. 

http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2012/01/map-to-your-heart-challenge.html

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the maze! Such a FAB idea! LOVE the glittery heart, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Geri! Thanks for linking this up to the Map to Your Heart challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you "mapped" out some time to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete