Saturday, March 24, 2012

Unscripted Sketch #151





A side view that somewhat captures the 'popped up' window panel.....


.... and a close-up of the bead & sentiment


Sarah referred to her latest sketch as 'bare bones' .... she left it up to our imagination to come up with something really interesting!

My take, however, may not be too original!  I instantly thought of a window pane and just went with that.  I tried really hard to get a good photo that captures the raised 'window pane' that is popped up on a double layer of dimensionls.  It does look much better in RL.  The cardstock has a light shimmer to it that really catches the light nicely.

Of course, purple is one of my favorite colors and I just happened to have a Copic marker that matched the cardstock perfectly.  The stamp is another Micheal's find ($1.50) that was stamped repeatedly (using my Stamp-a-ma-jig), then every other stripe was colored with BV00.

I made a template on graph paper using my rectangle nesties, then transferred the pattern to the cardstock.  It took four tries and a 1:30am finish (.... yawn!) to get it just right!  

I'm sure that if someone didn't see the original sketch, they would think that I measured wrong because it is offset to the left instead of centred on the panel :)

Now, some exciting news:   Unscripted Sketches has put out a Design Team call so if you are interested please check out the details here:


....looking forward to seeing all your creations here at Unscripted Sketch #151

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment