Friday, June 15, 2012

Unscripted Sketches #163



...well, this is it!  I have to say that I am not at all happy with the way my card turned out.  The sketch is awesome, but I just couldn't find something that appealed to me (I'm sure I wasted at least 1/2 dozen sheets of vellum trying different ideas). 

This is one of those cards that I know I could have done better.  I really do love the image though. If time (or lack thereof) wouldn't have been an issue, this card definitely would have been a redo!

I embossed the tree on vellum with bronze embossing powder (that is probably as old as I am).  The image looked a bit drab so I mounted the vellum on a piece of ivory card stock which really made the image stand out.  Used some no name card stock and my square nesties.

I am looking forward to seeing what everyone creates this week.  I really do enjoy visiting your blogs.  Just click to link up here.

Happy crafting!


2 comments:

  1. I don't know what you're talking about - this is stunning! Truly a work of art! I often think that blog readers see our cards differently than we do, because they see the end product without the process - sometimes it works to our benefit and sometimes not! lol! But the crispness of the embossing, the texture on the cardstock, the use of vellum and cream and that big black frame look like perfection to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words of support! You are right about the blog readers viewing our work differently! And yes, the process was probably what made me 'not like' this card! You have made me feel better - thanks!

    ReplyDelete