Friday, November 30, 2012

Unscripted Sketches, Dynamic Duos, Simon Says Stamps & Jingle Bells




I really wanted to use striped paper for the background but of course did not have any on hand.  I cut 1/8" strips of white card stock and glued them onto the red base to create my own striped paper.  Time consuming yes, but I love the end result!

Thus, one lone stripe down the middle of the sketch became a gaggle/a herd/a bunch/a flock.....

The layers are popped up with dimensionals, although it is hard to see in the photo. The pine sprigs are punched three times and layered to give them some stability (Martha Stewart punch).

The berries are SU red sparkle paper (two layers).  Did you know that, in Canada, Holly berries grow on spruce trees?  Not really, but I don't have a Holly leaf die or punch and my attempt at creating my own leaf was quite pathetic.  Artistic licence trumps rules in the crafting world.


The sentiment is a rub on that I bought at Joanne's about 100 years ago!


There were so many amazing entries last week! It is great to see the number of entries increasing.  Just click to link your creation!

I am also linking this card to:
Simon Says Stamps - Anything Goes
Dynamic Duos #31 (Light Green & Red)
Jingle Bells - December to Remember

Happy crafting!


19 comments:

  1. My hat's off to you for creating a perfect striped background!
    (I LOVE STRIPES!)
    Gorgeous card GERRI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - this is STUNNING. Way better than striped paper - there's a subtle texture that makes you want to touch it- but how do you get your stripes so perfectly straight. Mine always end up slightly narrower at one end than the other some how.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fabulous card, and well done for re-arranging nature!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another "Wowza" card Geri. Perfect, and I really mean perfect, stripes. Like Hannelie, I love stripes, especially red and white ones. Sweet greenery, and a fab sentiment--don't you just love finding something in your stash--it's an Aha! moment. Love this card. : ) Bev

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous! I can't believe you did the stripes one at a time! And I think your artistry is just perfect with your greenery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEVER would have guess you made that sriped background paper yourself!! looks stunning and really give the card that something extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola Geri, great strip work!, so elegant card, beautiful!
    A hug from Palma de Mallorca

    ReplyDelete
  8. That striped backround makes this card a stand-out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so sweet to always leave a comment on my blog, my Friend! Thank you for the "congrats" for being one of the Top 3! I just feel so honored; I don't know how they choose each week since all the cards submitted are WONDERFUL! Now to this card: do you know how beautiful this is? The person who receives this card is going to feel so special! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Chapeau' for the beautifully created stripes, Geri, I mean really WOW! Texture on here to die for ... love it! D'you know I'm sure I've seen spruce trees with holly berries in Canada too ... very rare but quite a sight if you're lucky enough to catch a view ... and now we all get to share it! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My first thought was, "what great paper" I can't believe that you made it!! Glad to have you join us at Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Geri, your card is so jolly with the red and white striped paper! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Geri, this was my favorite US card this week. I can't believe you created your own striped paper. It looks great! -US DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! Talk about the perfect self made stripes! Beautiful job -- and a fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this card! Such a fantastic design! Thanks so much for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is breath takingly beautiful...thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love those stripes, thanks for joining us this week on the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete