Friday, January 18, 2013

Moxie Fab World 75 Creative Card Challenges Week: Make Your Own Background Paper and Unscripted Sketches #194 - Piggyback Challenge



A frosty cold day here in Manitoba, so the only place to be was in my craft room!  I just received some sweet goodies from Simon Says Stamp and had to try them out....and what better way than with a challenge as well as my DT card for this weeks Unscripted Sketch.

This is my second entry into the Moxie Fab World Creative Card Challenges - Make Your Own Background Paper. I started with a black card base and added some "Fiber Tape" that I happened upon on DH's work bench! The stuff comes in a roll (see pic below) and is stick on one side.  It is only 2" wide so I had to use three pieces to cover the card.  The texture is amazing IRL.  This is what the 'stuff' looks like.


This week's sketch at Unscripted Sketches is an optional Piggyback Challenge, which is to use stickers.  Honestly, I might have 5 stickers in my craft room and they are so old that I'm sure the 'stick' has dried up!  Chevron stripes - meet piggyback.  After die cutting the stripes, I adhered them on to some double sided Sookwang paper.  Removed the backing paper and voila - a sticker! Here is this week's  awesome sketch:

2013-01-20 Edited to add:  My dear friend Anita from My Papercraft World has just suggested to me that the Fiber Tape is sticky (it stuck to the paper all on its own!) would also qualify as a sticker - right?



So many challenge opportunities for you to play along with this week! Click  here to check out the other Creative Card Challenges at the Moxie Fab World.

Happy crafting!

Card details:
Die-namics Chevron dies, Lil' Inker Designs Stitched Label Die, SU paper, Home Hardware Fiber Tape

8 comments:

  1. This is so fun...I love what you did with that mesh, really makes a fabulous statement on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the art deco font of that sentiment (is that a stamp or a diecut?) - the whole card has an art deco feel to it - sophisticated and cool at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO cute and I bet the texture of the tape makes it in even better IRL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh ... talk about creative! Love love love what you did with the tape ... it counts as a sticker too no? The colour palette is sooo cool and those zig zags are perfect! Guess what ... we have tons of this tape (for doing joints on the plasterboard!) and I would never have thought of using it like this ... you're so right, the texture is wonderful! May just have to CASE!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, I love your chevron sticker :) Thanks for browsing my blog, and leaving a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea! Super creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love how your creative mind works...SO pretty from something so functional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Geri! Thanks for linking this up to the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete