Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Classroom - 12 Tags of Christmas With a Feminine Twist Challenge




I hope that you have been following the amazing tag tutorials over in The Classroom. If not, check it out now! Ellen has lined up 12 of THE most talented ladies who are each sharing a fun, easy to follow tutorial showing us how we can create some pretty amazing tags!

My tag was inspired by this sweet tag made by Teri Anderson (Day 6). How about those buttons?

Eh_joytag_teri


Get busy creating because one lucky participant will win a $150 store credit! Yes, you read this right....$150 smackeroos to spend at Ellen Hutson, LLC.

And there's more!  Remember to leave a comment every day sharing your appreciation with the artists and gain an opportunity for some fun blog candy!

I created my tag using only a portion of the SU Adorning Accents Edgelits die. The stars are buttons dipped in glue and rolled in Recollections Tinsel Embossing Powder and left to dry (did not heat).  The trees are stitched directly on the card stock.  The sentiment is stamped on twill tape. Eyelet opening made with a 1/2" circle punch.







6 comments:

  1. Ah, I see how you got such a clean, even rounded edge - that's a beautiful shape for a tag. I love the rich colours and the texture of the twine on the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the texture on this tag, Geri! I need to investigate this $150 store credit. Er, I mean the 12 Tags of Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous interpretation of the original, Geri, there's so much to enjoy ... texture, bling, colours, and looovely clean lines ... and those stars are simply amazing! Thanks for the link, I checked it out ... great tutorials and inspirational examples ... that was my morning spoken for!! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sweet little twine trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, I love this!!! The vertical bakers's twine on your tree is GENIUS!! The diagonals almost seem to make a garland around the tree. Please don't tell me you lined them up that way!! The white text, the red glitter stars, the blue background, everything works together so well!

    And I hope you do have some time to try the 3D ornament. They are honestly so fun (and quick, despite the long instructions) to make! The scallop circle worked pretty well, but even a plain large circle looks like a pretty ball. I'm just now finishing up the 21 I made for a Christmas party this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is another example of your brilliant mind. I would never even THINK of this! Thanks, too, for the link up to The Classroom. I have to see if I'm too late to check it out and join in. Plus, I haven't made one tag yet!

    ReplyDelete