Saturday, August 18, 2012

Unscripted Sketch #172 - Piggyback Color Challenge (Optional)






Wow!  These colors were truly a challenge....but in a good way!  Having to step away from my favorite 'same old, same old' colors was actually easier than I thought!  

The sketch came together easily but trying to find colors close enough to the challenge colors was tricky!  I pulled out all my scraps and laid everything down on the floor, trying to find the right hue.  Kind of like matching up a pair of socks in the dark!  In the end, the brown proved to be the most challenging.....the sentiment fixed that!

I am a bit unsettled with the balance of this card, specifically the bottom half.  If I wouldn't have glued the flower stems down so well, I would have re-positioned them so that they criss-crossed about 1/2 inch higher than where they do on the card.  Not a biggie, but I think it would have taken care of that 'gap' near the bottom.  I did try 'squishing' in an extra leaf or two, but the result looked 'squished'....imagine that?  

Remember the piggyback is optional.  Give it a try if you want.  If not, then use the sketch alone to create to your heart's content.  Don't forget to share your creations with us! Just click to link  

Happy crafting!




2 comments:

  1. So pretty - love the fresh colours and the embossed background and that twine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Geri! Love the sprig of flowers and the embossed background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete