Sunday, August 19, 2012

CFC66 - SPLISH SPLASH


CFC66 - "Create a project featuring something you might see in or at the ocean"



Our summer has been quite busy so I haven't had time to play along with some of my favorite challenges.  Hubby went fishing (yum yum - fresh Pickerel for dinner tonight) so I had the whole day to spend in my craft room!

I used my SU Tasteful Trims die to make the waves using the reverse of the scalloped edge.  The fish is a free digi stamp is 'origin unknown'.  The 'splashes' of water are bits of a Sizzix Scribbles & Swirls die. The worm is hand drawn and the wee hook (look close, it is there) is a piece of jewellery wire.  Notice that it is a 'barbless' hook.  Conserve/Preserve....gotta do our part to sustain the walleye (Pickerel) population!

I think that I got a bit carried away with the Crystal effects....started with the worm, then the 'splashes' of water....and then the waves!  No doubt the 'wet look' was more than achieved here :)

My intentions were to play along with the ColorQ 150 challenge as well but I missed the entry deadline (awe darn!).  This card was inspired by these sweet colors:


Check out the dazzling array of DT talent as well as all the amazing entries as the CAS-ual Fridays blog.

Happy crafting!

8 comments:

  1. This is such an adorable card! I like the way you incorporated ColourQ into it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the shiny water and the pops of colour on all that white - this is a fantastic card, Geri!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous clean card! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun CAS card! The way you put it into the red circle and added the water is just perfection. Although I don't tend to use a lot of embellishments, I have such a hard time with actual Clean and Simple on white; thanks for the inspiration! I hope you enjoyed your fish dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I am in love with the waves here! lol so clean and fresh! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geri - this card is really cute! I love all the crystal effects, especially on those waves. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how it looks like you're seeing the fish through a peephole on a boat! Very cute design, and the shiny accents are a great finishing touch. Thanks for sharing this with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete