Thursday, April 30, 2015

Card Concept #34 & SSS Wednesday Challenge




   

Hey crafters! We have a new challenge up at CCC! Soft, pretty colors with polka dots AND stripes!

I chose to focus on the darker shades of blue & pink in the flowers.  My card is a 'ramped up' version of these colors because I wanted to use my new Hero Arts Neon Blue and Neon Pink ink. Sooooo vibrant in real life! 

SSS Wednesday Challenge - Let's Get Sentimental wants to see the sentiment taking center stage on our card! The big, bold Congrats does just that! 

It seems that I'm stuck on this CAS layout but it makes me happy, so here it is once again! I used a wee SU flower and an ancient Studio G congrats stamp (masked off the grad hat). I added a stitched border to anchor the stamped images.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy...if you don't count the 12 ruined attempts at getting the flowers all lined up. Wrecked one on the last image - grrrrr....that really stings!

I've spent very little time in my craft room these past two weeks. We are enjoying some lovely spring temps with lots of sunshine so I've chosen to play outside instead!

We'd love to see your creations in the CCC gallery. Stop by and take a peek at all the lovely cards the DT have created for your viewing pleasure :)

Thank you so much for stopping by! Happy crafting :)

10 comments:

  1. You can always stick with what works as far as I'm concerned, my friend! It's stunning! You need to get yourself one of those Misti tools and you can kiss frustration and wrecked paper goodbye!! It was made for perfectionists like the BABES!! Have a great weekend!! Miss you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on the floor laughing so hard that I can not even see because the tears are just pouring from my eyes! You are so funny...I can just see you working on this card and 12 attempts too, OH MY GOODNESS! I can remember like it was just yesterday you working on a sweet Halloween card at the Lake House and you trying to stamp the same image a few times over and it looked like I needed to see an optometrist. I love your work, no matter how many attempts you take on making it perfect! But your card is as cute as they come...really stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is so pretty Geri! I love all that gorgeous white space and the stitched lines. Fabulous CAS card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. PRETTY...and I know how vibrant it is in real life, because I have those marvelous neon inks! Applauding your perseverance in lining up those flowers, because the end result is marvelous! Simple, clean, fresh and FUN! I need to get my thinking cap on to play along and 'narrow down' the details! Such a 'so many possibilities' photo has me overwhelmed...need to focus on the 'little' details, as you did. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend! Enjoy the gardening...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so neat, Geri! I would have given up at the first ruined attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm soooo late coming by, Geri ... I know you know how it is ... so worth the wait for me ... and so worth all those frustrations!! Sigh ... blissful blossoms ... all perfect (of course!) and vibrant set against all that wonderful white space ... LOVE the teeny tiny precisely placed black dots on each flower ... stunning detailing! I'm thinking a two pair card?? Hugs & Bisous, my sweet friend, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the crisp look of your design, Geri! The sentiment certainly takes center stage here, perfect card for our challenge this week - thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love the stitched detail, Geri and those sweet little flowers stamped so perfectly!!! Love the pink and blue and the tiny black dots in the centres of the flowers!!! The font of the sentiment is lovely and it fits so perfectly in it's place!!!! A stunning card, Geri!!!! Love it!!!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple and really wonderful ! I like the colors too.
    Best regards, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the entire look of this! Simplicity at its best!

    ReplyDelete